How Long Do CEREC Crowns Last?
CEREC same-day crowns are incredibly convenient, especially when compared to traditional dental crowns.
They remove the need for multiple visits, putty impressions, temporary crowns, and waiting weeks for the final result.
CEREC crowns can be prepared for, designed, and fitted in a single appointment.
As with almost every part of life, technology has increased the speed at which things can happen. CEREC same-day crowns are a perfect example of this. The quality of CEREC crowns is still as high as ever, but they’ve never been as convenient as they are today.
We’re here to answer the three most common questions related to CEREC same-day crowns:
- What makes CEREC so good?
- How long does a same-day crown last?
- How can I make my crown last longer?
What makes CEREC crowns so good?
There are numerous reasons CEREC is the preferred way to get a dental crown, from convenience to quality:
- Highly durable & long-lasting
- Single-visit procedure
- Immune to tooth decay & stain-resistant
- Looks natural (matches your other teeth)
- No need for a temporary crown, putty, or other discomforts
- Suitable for front and back teeth, and preserves more tooth structure
The technology used in designing and creating your new CEREC crown is CAD/CAM (Computer Aided Design / Computer Aided Manufacturing). This allows your crown to be produced with exacting precision and quality.
How long do CEREC crowns last?
CEREC same-day crowns last, on average, between 10 to 15 years. However, they can last up to 30 years with correct care and attention.
However, as with anything you want to last longer, you need to take care of it. Your new CEREC same-day crown is no different.
Six tips for helping your CEREC crown last longer:
- Don’t chew on hard objects like ice or pencils, as they can chip your crowns (or worse, your teeth).
- Avoid foods and drinks that could cause stains, such as excessive wine or coffee.
- Avoid sticky or tough foods. These can put pressure on your crown and leave sticky residue behind.
- Brush your teeth twice each day with fluoride toothpaste and a soft-bristled toothbrush.
- Floss at least once per day, just like always.
- Schedule regular dental visits with us. While conducting your routine dental exam, we’ll inspect your dental crowns to determine if they are in good condition. It’s often easier to repair and restore a damaged crown than it is to replace it.
If you want to learn more about CEREC same-day crowns from Arch Dental, get in touch with us at the links below. Our team of dental professionals is dedicated to providing you the best care possible.
- Call us: 701-235-6075
- Email us: email@example.com
Arch Dental is located in Fargo, ND, and serves surrounding communities, including Moorhead, West Fargo, Oakport, Dilworth, Horace, Sabin, Detroit Lakes, Lisbon, Bismarck, and Grand Forks.